Wednesday 14 December 2011

Evaluation.

     For the stop motion animation assignment we have had to take continuous photos of a subject which we have then put in to Final Cut Pro and edited together in to a final movie. The movies will comprise of single photographs that will be played at a selected speed so as the images flow together but will still be clear so as to define it as stop motion.
     My idea was to have Charlotte running up and down the steps of a building and then when I edit them I would speed it up so as it looks faster than it was when the photos were taken. I also had the idea of a person running around between trees and other plants but I decided I preferred the other idea so I shot that one instead.
     To take the photographs for the final movie we used a Canon 1000D and a tripod so as the camera stayed level and in the same place while all of the frames were being photographed.
     The main problem for this assignment was having to put the photos in to Final Cut pro and editing them all together so as they were in the correct order and playing at a suitable speed. This caused problems as you had to render the movie every time you changed something about  the speed which requires computer memory that I didn't have so I had to start the process again on a different computer that had enough memory to let me do that.
     Walt Disney and Anthony J Stewart has influenced my work by using different techniques in their work that I have then applied to mine such as different views of the camera and varying speeds.
     I like my final video as it was what I imagined it to be like when I first set out to shoot it however I think that if I were to do this again then I would use a different idea that was much more complex to shoot or edit as my idea seemed very simple and rushed. I think that overall this would look better and also push myself to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment